Ben and Joel took over Site5 a little over a year ago. Two months after that, I came aboard as the Chief of Engineering. It’s been an awesome year and we accomplished a lot, but things are just getting started. If you’re interested in hearing a little bit about what’s been going on, you should check out their video interview by theWHIR.
On a site note, we are still looking for a Ruby On Rails developer to help with some of the new projects we have coming up. Here’s the skinny:
Type: Full-time Job
Location: This is a work from home position. The development team is located in the Philadelphia area, so being local is a big plus!
Site5 is seeking a Mid-Level Ruby on Rails developer. The chosen candidate will be working with a small group of developers to add new and exciting functionality to our control panel and billing system 1. Our ideal candidate is pragmatic, quick thinking, and a great problem solver. Below is a list of requirements needed for this position as well as some additional skills that would be desirable.
- Ruby and object-oriented programming (2-3 years)
- Rails (2-3 years)
- Rails database migrations
- Testing (Test::Unit, Rspec, Shoulda, etc…)
- MySQL (including database design and performance tuning)
- Prototype or jQuery - API integration experience
- Modern HTML & CSS skills
- Comfortable working with GIT & SVN
- Able to view solutions from a customer perspective
Additional Skills desired - Cpanel API experience - SOAP
- Active::Merchant experience
- Redmine Feature/Bug tracker
To apply Please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and salary requirements. It would be helpful to also include a list of past projects you’ve worked on, or a link to your github profile (if you have one.)
Posted 20 Dec 2009 by jmazzi